Join the Team
JOIN OUR TEAM
Warning: We enjoy Monday through Friday. A lot.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted February 8, 2018
Join an exciting and rapidly growing digital marketing start-up agency utilizing cutting edge social media tactics, action-based strategies for the wine industry, and a compelling progression of DTC marketing.
Our company, Astra Digital Marketing Services, was born in Napa and is dedicated to the direct-to-consumer channel of the wine industry. We strive to deliver best-in-class marketing services by providing a dynamic, relevant, and consistent digital message to our clients’ current and prospective customers. astradms.com
Astra presents a laid-back professional environment that constantly strives to improve. Employees are encouraged to bring the personality traits that are unique to each of them and to express themselves in a professional manner to construct a positive workplace.
Laughter and music are normal parts of our everyday work life. We believe in supporting and empowering our team to constantly become better decision makers for Astra, our clients, and in life.
What an ideal candidate looks like:
You will need to be a smart and thoughtful individual to support strategic communications, media relations, social media execution and branded activities for the company and its clients.
As a key member of the digital marketing team, the Account Manager position will offer you the chance to work on a creative team that utilizes ingenuity and cutting-edge social media marketing tactics, including budgeting, monitoring, posting, reporting and all other social media and digital execution.
With Astra, you will be constantly challenged and supported with hands-on problem solving that makes a difference in the lives of our clients. You will also support a wide range of communication activities and social media channels by writing engaging content and analyzing the overall effectiveness of the company’s outreach efforts.
Qualifications we are looking for:
The best fit for us will be someone who has the ability to problem solve as an individual and as part of a team in a rapidly changing environment. This will require you to learn quickly, fail quickly, draw conclusions from your work and pivot active strategies with your findings.
Other good fits include experience with photo editing software (Photoshop), a love of social media and writing, and have a bachelor’s degree in English, advertising, journalism, communications, marketing, new media or public relations. You must be able to express numbers in a coherent manner for internal and client understanding.
High-quality written and verbal communication skills are required, as well as excellent computer skills. You must be able to work independently and efficiently on multiple projects at once and possess the ability to meet production deadlines. A deep understanding of the social media culture and its many platforms (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, blogs, etc.) is a MUST.
Skills we'd like you to have:
- You must be able to work with a team in execution, support, brainstorming, and having each other's back (We all succeed or fail together)
- Solid understanding of social media platforms, specifically Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, blogs, and YouTube
- Experience with CMS platforms such as SproutSocial or HootSuite
- Experience with Facebook Business Manager
- Enjoyment of teamwork in achieving a shared goal
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of use of Google Docs and Microsoft 365 communication tools
- Ability to manage multiple projects inside of a time-sensitive environment
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Ability to adapt, learn, and contribute to a constantly changing environment
- Basic knowledge/understanding of wine
- Photoshop or equivalent photo editing and design skills
- Experience with email marketing tools such as MailChimp
- Experience with winery eCommerce platforms a plus, such as WineDirect or VinSuite
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel for reporting and analytics
- Having a positive and respectful attitude conveyed to all members of the team at all times
- A willingness to go the extra mile to ensure client happiness
- Generate, organize, and manage written, image-based, and other editorial content, with consideration for tone, messaging guidelines, and other general outreach initiatives on social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, blog, Youtube, Google+, and Facebook
- Monitor existing online conversations, as well as moderating approved content to initiate new online conversations
- Encourage fan engagement by reaching out to key influencers within the digital space
- Contribute to a team that rapidly develops and implements new marketing strategies that are deadline oriented
- Ensure brands are well-represented on all social media platforms, as well as in the extended digital space by providing excellent online customer service
- Create social media advertising campaigns with specific targeting of audiences based off of content generated by and your colleagues
- Build relevant prospecting lists by networking and growing referrals
- Stay up to date with analysis of the company and industry trends including analysis of regional growth, YTY trends, and forecasted growth
- Network using social media and attend hospitality and concierge events
- Prospect with sales team to grow the company client base and add social media presence
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience